CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 12, 2008

Four years old and going strong!

We celebrated Livvy's 4th birthday this past weekend. Here are a few shots of the fun.
We had a little party with the Sunbeams. We made some happenin' visors!
We painted ceramic animals. This is one of Livvy's very favorite activities!
The infamous tire swing at Penny Park. Many a tot has lost their lunch to this vortex of rubber and chain. :)

Mimi and Grandmother and Auntie Ashley all came to help with the party. Thank you girls!!!Opening presents was a phenomenal event! The much coveted Buzz Lightyear (left corner) was a big hit. Harrison gave Olivia two dresses for her Barbies.
NOTE: If you want modest, cheap clothes for your daughter's Barbie, check Family Dollar. They are called "Polly" clothes. These dresses were $1 each, as compared to $5 an outfit at Wal-Mart. I could not find anything modest there.


Livvy also received a Fur Real cat. I bought this in May when it went on clearance. It meows, blinks, and looks around. It even hisses when you pull its tail! Olivia immediately named her "Zippy." She plays with Zippy all day, but she will not sleep with her. She makes Zippy sleep in Mom and Dad's room. I asked her why, and she said she didn't want Zippy getting in bed with her. Guess Zippy would creep me out too if I was 4 and had to sleep with her.
All gussied up for church on her birthday. I let her wear my Japanese pearls, after a long discussion about bringing them home in one piece. She was very careful with them. When she asked me if she was a pretty girl, I said she has to be a nice girl before she can be a pretty girl. But yes, she is my pretty pixie. Later, we went over to Granny's to have cake and ice cream. I let Harrison lick the frosting can. I don't think he enjoyed it at all. :)Olivia and her cousin share a birthday hug. It's one of those "Awwwww!" moments.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Happy birthday, Miss Olivia!! I'll have to keep that Family Dollar for Barbie clothes in mind...thanks!

Susan said...

SCORE! Looks like it was a fruitful birthday for Livvy! Good to know about the Barbie clothes. I was checking stuff out at Target the other day and there was nothing.